Tuesday 11 April 2023

The Exhibition "Flowers Forever" in Munich

So happy to see you here! 

... I thought that I saw a collection of flower drawings - but no, it was something very different: 












"These collages were made by Fadwa Hussoun, an intelligence officer in the Libanese Army. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Lebanon's Deuxième Bureau, the army's Intelligence division, used to give code names to all local and international leaders. But someone had to come up with the code names. Fadwa Houston was assigned this task, and because she had studied botany in university, she decided to give the leaders the name of flowers. To remember which code name belonged to which person, she made the collages displayed here." (text Kunsthalle Munich)




 

6 comments:

  1. Someone had an inspired idea. I am impressed/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my long comment on the other blog, dear Emma - I think it an interesting way too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, Joanne - she must have done that tongue in cheek :-)

      Delete
  3. Flower code names are very gentle. I would expected killer animals or deadly insects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at the politicians who were represented in the exhibition (where politics were only a very small part) for some one could have the idea, Helen.

      Delete

Bouquet of January: Daisies and Strawberry Leaves.

  Yesterday I went out for a stroll - it was Sunday, and the icy wind threw a fine drizzle of snow into my face. I hoped very much that it w...