Thursday 14 September 2023

Wildflower Bouquet of the Month September

 


Britta says: It is so easy to forget the excitement one felt when something was "new". I raved when two years ago I got my secondary home in Bavaria and saw all beautiful nature - I walked through woods and fields (this I still do :-) and admired all the wildflowers. And decided to present one bouquet every month. 

Well... 

Here you see: meadow sage (Salvia pratensis), purple willowherb (Lythrum salicaria), common agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria, dove pincushion (Scabiosa),and common toadflax (Linaria vulgaris)

Many thanks to dict.cc - they developed so amazingly from a dreary beginning with only a few plant names (roses, tulips :-) to a very amazing variety now.  


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little posy! You are fortunate to have your own "picking garden" to browse on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pip, i enjoy doing so:
      first I heal an old trauma: my father strictly forbade that we picked (even a few) wild flowers; then husband disapproved heavily - and now I do as I want, haha! (Of course only those which are in huge masses there, and only a few) and often for a "good cause" - I classify them, or press them, photograph them, or, best: draw them.

      Delete
  2. Hi Britta, I smiled when I read your comment on my current post which shows a red convertible surrounded by a huge flock of sheep. That is a wonderful German show, I agree and I wish it would go on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terra, comments on this blog are so rare, that I often forget to look if anybody has left one... Sorry!
    Yes, the TV-series is very funny, and I have it complete on DVDs. If you are - as I have the impression - are well-versed in German, I can recommend "Friesland" or "Nord, Nord, Mord" (important: there is another blah-one with a resembling title) - funny crime with much atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Bouquet of January: Daisies and Strawberry Leaves.

  Yesterday I went out for a stroll - it was Sunday, and the icy wind threw a fine drizzle of snow into my face. I hoped very much that it w...